Last might Barry and I pulled into Fall River for another show at the Narrows Center For The Arts.
As always greeted by the great battleship Massachusetts… and the folks at the Narrows Center.
Foto by Phil Jacobs
Well it was time for us to go to work… and here is our set list:
Jorma Kaukonen 17 , 2015
Jorma Kaukonen & Barry Mitterhoff
The Narrows Center For The Arts
Fall River, Massachusetts
Thursday, March 12, 2015
1. Ain’t In No Hurry
2. How Long Blues
3. The Other Side Of The Mountain
4. Hesitation Blues
5. I See The Light
6. Suffer Little Children To Come Unto Me
7. Barbeque King
8. Whining Boy Blues
9. I’ll Be All Right Some Day
10. What Are They Doing In Heaven Today? In memory of Marjorie Thompson… gone, but not forgotten!
11. I Know You Rider
1. Dime For Beer
2. Where There’s Two There’s Trouble
3. Brother Can You Spare A Dime
4. Come Back Baby
5. Candy man
6. Serpent Of Dreams
7. Full Go Round
8. Good Shepherd
9. Bar Room Crystal Ball
10. Water Song
11. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed & Burning
12. Encore: In My Dreams
The family of my colleague and dear friend, Marjorie Thomson was in the audience, and we were able to honor Marjorie with our version of the Washington Phillips song, ‘What Are They Doing In Heaven Today?’
‘Peace it flows, like a river they say. What are they doing there now?’
I miss my friend.
A bittersweet moment but a lovely evening at the Narrows.
Now we’re off to the new Infinity Hall in Hartford, Connecticut.
Life doesn’t cut you much slack… but it’s the best we have!